Case Study: How we doubled Officeworks website performance
With Officeworks being one of the largest online retailers in Australia, traffic to our online store is constantly increasing. Overall site performance and page load times are therefore incredibly important to our success. A Google Speed Report revealed that one of the major contributors hurting end-user-experience was the size of images on our website.
The team at Pixboost did a fantastic job of implementing their image optimisation service on our site, even going as far as building a custom HTML Snippet Generator for our content editors so that they could easily add responsive images anywhere on the website, optimising them for various user’s devices and screen sizes.
By integrating Pixboost we have achieved great results, such as website time to first render improved by 34%, website page weight decreased by 68%, and image data optimised by 52%. The service continues to run smoothly, helping us to boost the performance of our site and makes the process of managing and preparing images for the web so much easier.Daniel GladkiHead of eCommerce, Officeworks
Consider the following numbers:
Every additional second of load time for a page increase its bounce rate by 7%. Neil Patel
- Real-time Image processing: smart optimisation, responsive images support, lazy loading, HTTP/2 support, WebP support.
- Fast and efficient Image CDN that delivers images globally at a high speed
- Expert knowledge in enterprise systems development and scaling
- decreasing the page load time,
- reducing the images sizes,
- providing responsiveness support,
- providing CDN delivery of images,
- providing advanced features Http/2, Lazy Loading, WebP that increased the speed of the website even more.
- More than 200000 images optimised.
- Highly effective on 5Tb broadband.
- Overall website images' load time improvement tripled.
- Overall website images' weights decreased by 68%.
- All website image data optimised by 34%.
- Optimized landing pages by not loading offscreen images.
- Found and fixed the broken images (500+ products)
- Reduced labour costs by automating the image preparation for non-tech employees.
- Reduced cost of using Photoshop or similar applications.
- Reduced cost of running the original solution.
- Integration into IBM WebCommerce, CMS, PIM, single page apps and a few more.
- Provided custom-made apps Cost Estimator and Snippet Generator.
- Improved the process of website performance monitoring and images quality testing.